Thursday, February 12, 2009

Weird Mail

The other day my house received a strange letter. My house is a two-family house, and this means two apartments (my family and I live upstairs). This letter was addressed to the correct address, but had "Apt. 3" on it... which is strange, because this house doesn't have a third floor. Also, it was addressed to someone named "Wiping Wang," which I assumed is an Oriental name, but couldn't help cracking up at thinking of its vulgar connotations in American slang. The letter was a bill for "natural gas," which we do not use in this house. So apparently there's a weird oriental guy using "natural gas" in my attic. Did I mention I've never been in my attic? The entrance is on the ceiling, a small square that you'd have to use a ladder to reach. Quite an intriguing and somewhat disturbing example of our many mail anomalies...

No comments:

Post a Comment