Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Anamanaguchi

While browsing the Penny Arcade, I noticed that they have been hosting expos ("PAX" 's) for a while. Apparently they're going to have a bunch of awesome people playing live at the next one, which is, unfortunately, on the other side of the country in Seattle, WA. I'm a big fan of Freezepop and Jonathan Coulton, who are going to be there apparently. The 2010 PAX is going to be in Boston, near me, so I give a little hurrah for that. The same artists better be there next year! Oh, before I forget -On the PAX site I saw a description of a band I'd never heard of - Anamanaguchi - that is going to play, and upon downloading their music sample, titled "Helix Nebula," I immediately was about 3 times as disappointed that I couldn't go to the PAX (haha, I care more about seeing chiptune performances than Penny Arcade itself XD (that's an emoticon, in case you couldn't tell)). I think I've just heard the best thing ever. Whoever thought that chiptunes+guitar would be so awesome! My brain is melting...

If you like chiptunes, click on "Anamanaguchi" near the bottom of this page and download the sample. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment