Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Walk at Night 2

Ever played Knytt Stories? Have you happened upon Quincent Cartographer's "A Walk at Night"? It's the most beautiful KS level I've played; a walk at night through a deserted city is probably one of the most peaceful things you can do. And I pretty much just had an experience exactly like the game. I just got back from my walk - I explored all the nooks and crannies I could find that were beautiful in their nighttime simplicity. I walked around apartment buildings, and strolled through alleyways dimly lit by streetlamp light. I saw a small raccoon eating in the shadows that hid when I appeared. Walked down the center of the street and back again. Walked out by a lake, through a baseball field. Wandered around complexes of buildings I had never seen the backs of before.

Now that I'm back, I miss the cool night air. This was probably the best walk at night I've ever had. I'll certainly do it again sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment